23rd & 24th June 2018 – 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
We are delighted to announce that the amazing Cheese & Chilli Festival is returning to Basingstoke in the War Memorial Gardens in Basingstoke in 2018! We are delighted to bring the party back to the town we love.
The event will bring an amazing array of tastes, colours and experiences to town and is a ‘must go to event’. Come rain or shine, the event will be fantastic! For 2018 will see more cheese and chillies from around the world along with great Arts & Craft products.
The event has an obvious focus on cheese and chilli, but there will be something for everyone at the event and is a perfect family day out with FREE activities for children and adults to take part in as well as fun rides and games etc. Other entertainments include, PIG RACING, Magic Shows, Falconry Flying Displays, Punch & Judy, Balloon Modelling plus lots more.
If that wasn’t enough, there will be a fantastic Beer Festival all weekend from the local microbrewery, Downton Brewery! Plus this year we have Dorset Mobile Bar’s fantastic Inflatable Pub and bar serving a wide selection of cider, lager, wine, seasonal cocktails and soft drinks – so there will be something for all the family and you can cool your palate down in our pub garden!
To complement the party, with a dedicated stage area with live music from many local acts will be performed at the event. Please see the schedule for notification of the bands playing at times etc.
Dogs are very welcome at the shows, all we ask is that they are kept on leads. There are some dog trade stands on site so they won’t feel left out.
- The War Memorial Park, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH.
- The location of the car park is opposite Duddon Way on London, Basingstoke, RG21 4DB.
- There is a dedicated FREE car park located off London Road which will be marshalled during the event on Saturday and Sunday.
- Guests are able to leave their vehicle at their own risk overnight with the proviso they remove them by midday on each of the following days.
- The car park will be closed from 5.30pm on Saturday and reopened at 9.30am on Sunday.
- Free parking is also available at Crossborough Hill, which also has disabled parking bays.
- The park is a short walk from the town area or from a bus stop in Hackwood Road. Alternatively, there are subways to the park from the residential areas of Cranborne and Black Dam, with pathways from Riverdene and Eastrop estates.
- By the main entrance to the gardens there is a drop off point for taxis etc.
- Alternatively, follow the map below.